Thursday, August 27, 2009

Origami

Recently while looking through my cupboard, I happened to find a stack of mini origami papers. So I decided to bring to office and play with them a bit. My favourite is those durians and cubes. Basically you have to fold many basic units and put them together. Wait, lemme show u the pictures.

Fold both sides to the center
Fold 2 alternate triangles on the both side
Unfold until as shown below
Fold in the small and big triangles
Close the flap
Tuck in the big triangle
Tuck in the small triangle
Flip to the other side and fold up the pointed ends
Voila~


It's important to take note the direction of the alternate triangles that you did in step 2, because you have to be consistent with it with the rest of the basic cells.

The easily to make will be the cube. This is how you piece them up. 6 pieces required.







Then you have the triangle prism too. I figured this out myself! 3 pieces required.



The durian. 12 pieces required.




The big big durian! I figured this out myself too! 30 pieces required.



With the basic cells, you can slowly explore and see what other interesting shape you can come up with. Like rectangle one, oblong durian, etc etc.

No comments: