Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lucky you, Unlucky me..

This is a post that I wanted to write on long long long long long long long long long ago. In fact, my original plan was to write a proper essay on it. But then again, I failed my GP, and no point making my readers suffer. And myself.

I bet you heard this, or you yourself said this, many times before - "Why is the world so unfair?", or something similar. How often do those people think thoroughly before making that statement (Oops! That include myself too!)? Why do I said so?

Everyone has their own point of view, their own perspective. The judgment done by people often differs between one another. These differences in judgment are due to many factors such as background, wealth, biasness, etc. What is good and what is bad, are just what one PERCEIVES. One man's meat, another man's poison.

Someone with big house and big car is often linked to being a lucky guy, while a poor one is an unlucky person. Of course, on the superficial level, that is a definite. But look deeper in, if you may. You might find that the poorer one may have other areas that he is "luckier" than the richer one.

Last time when I believed that the world is unfair by nature, my favourite phrase for that is, "If the world is fair, The fingers on my hand will all be of equal length." Now I've changed that old thinking of mine. The fingers of the hand are given different length and characteristics because each of them has their own role and duty. Each of them has their own pros and cons. Now that's fair.

What I want to say is (in case my organization of thought or my writing above is really that terrible), how good or how bad your life is depending on how you perceive it yourself. If you determine that it's bad, oh well, it's definitely bad and I feel sorry for you. But if you can see the beautiful part of your life and determine your life is a good, you will enjoy your life more and I congratulate you on that.

If you really find yourself often say "Why is god/world so unfair?", try this. Take a step back. Look at your life carefully. Are you missing anything good that has happened and you ought to notice? It might be just the way how you perceive good and bad. If you are comparing with another person, then think deeper about it. He/She might have what you don't have, but you sure have things he/she doesn't have too. But then again! If you are just cursing and swearing due to impulse, go ahead. It's a nice way to put blame on... TEMPORARILY.

Well... My aim in this post is just that I hope to see my friends able to live their life better and more enjoyable, rather than to live and complain about it. Perception... Yeah, the pasture is always greener on the other side. .......... GET A LIFE!

No comments: