Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Uncle

My uncle just passed away last Monday. Thanks everyone for being with me. I'm pretty alright now. Really.

It's scary to think that the people, who are with you for so many years, can just disappear.. just like that. During that cremation day, while on the bus back, I was trying hard to accept the fact that I will never be able to see my uncle anymore. You know so many years, almost for as long as I've been conscious of my life, if I just go down my block during mid-noon timing, he will definitely be there caring for his plants and stuff. However, during that day, I realized that that will never happen anymore. Sometimes, you just take things for granted, assuming they will be around all the time.

Damn. Shouldn't be writing this kind of emo post in office. Could have gone home first then proceed with writing this. Luckily now in office, only few people left behind nia.

On the 出殡 day, there was a live band playing. The first song was already an atmosphere-damping song - 父子情深. My sisters and I clearly remembered that this song was often played (from CD/cassette) by my uncle in his house. We actually got to know this song from him. That song has a nice and touching lyrics too. Yaaa... in fact, most of my interaction with hokkien songs were because of him. Another song that I remembered was 拢是为着你啦. Another favourite song that he would play too.






*breathe in* *breathe out* *calm down*

Anyway, ya... Cherish all that are around you now, before you realize you are losing them.

1 comment:

. said...

I had a friend who passed away in 2006. I can imagine that feeling because we just met up a week before. The weird thing is, til now, I still keep his phone number in my handphone. Maybe its just to remember him by.