Friday, April 23, 2010

Reading...

Recently I'm back to reading books. I've been wanting to read the Percy Jackson series ever since I've watched Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief



The show might be a bit lousy. But why I like it so much? IT'S GREEK MYTHOLOGY! I'm a total sucker for that. Actually I prefer Percy Jackson to Clash of the Titans. Clash of the Titans is based on the classic and rewrite. Percy Jackson is a new story with ideas based on the classic. See the difference?

Anyway, ya, the story book is better than the show. The show was kinda shallow in the plot, but better in the story book.



It's a 5-books series - Lightning Thief, Sea of Monsters, Titan's Curse, Battle of Labyrinth and Last Olympian. It's books for teenager anyway. You'll probably finish 1 book in a couple of hours or so. I think Hairy Potty books are thicker.

Having finished that series, I thought I might try another story book series. So I tried Twilight last night. Regrets man, I tell you. It's like a girly kind of story. I think my tolerance lasted only until the part Edward took Bella out for hiking, then confession here confession there. It's as if the entire chapter is about them talking about love and nothing else. Yucks! Definitely not my type of story.

Now I need to look for another story book to read. Anyone has any recommendation?

Love: Sci-Fi (non-futuristic type, think Michael Crichton), Fantasy, Comedy, Mystery, Thriller.
Hate: Too much romance, Sci-Fi (futuristic, think Star Trek), Classics.

2 comments:

. said...

I'm reading The Thief, Queen of Attolia, King of Attolia, all three by Megan Whalen Turner. Not bad. Pass to you when I'm back if you want.

Saceal said...

actually i'm reading ebooks =D

u know.. in office.. secretly reading.. pdf is the safest thing to read..