Friday, October 5, 2007

reminiscing...

last night.. or rather this morning, with the lights off, i was about to turn in for the day. as usual, if i'm still in a pretty awake mode, i will recap on my day and think abt the next day. then i recalled that i wanted to try make sushi for some reason and also i wanted to try oso lah. remembering that last last last last time, my auntie sent me a sms on how to self prepare the sweet vinegar using vinegar, sugar and salt. that sms is in my old phone. so i retrieved the phone and started searching for the msg.

while searching for that msg, i chanced upon all the other msgs that i've saved when i was still using that phone. ahhh~ natsukashii... so nostalgic.. the "thank you" messges from various stuff such as sending fren off and stuff, the "happy birthday" wishes during my 21st birthday, and etc etc. basically that sent me back at 3-4 yrs ago. since i "am there" alreadi, so i went on thinking more about the past while reading those sms.

another folder of msg caught my eye. i used to call it "The One". hahahaha. that jet li movie title ah? that's the folder i stored the messages of my ex. ahhhhh~ so sweet~ those "miss you" and "love you" messages, somehow i could even recall when and wat situation that she sent them to me. and the sms exchange during my 4 weeks of exercise in thailand. =) that did bring some tears to my eyes. with a smile on my face.

i know i'm not clinging on to the past anymore. but these sweet and fond memories are still my treasures stashed up in my memory bank. hmmm... as what one of my friends has told me. a bittersweet feeling. i'm feeling it. a bitter sting with a sweet aftertaste. it's sweet after all...

No comments: